Thursday, April 9, 2009

Heather Plether

Happy Birthday to my sister in law Heather. I LURVE Heather so much. When you marry into a family, you just don't know who you are going to get as in laws. It can go either way and often it goes both. But how I wish everyone could have a sister in law like Heather. She is awesome and is so much more than a sister in law it just is crazy. Most of all she's my friend. She is someone I go to for advice, sympathy, to share happy news, sad stories and to bounce stuff off of all the time. We share a unique bond in that our husbands are brothers but are also Air Force officers. This presents similar life experiences and trials as we face separation from our husbands due to TDYs and deployments as well as the challenge of moving to a new location every few years. And on top of this, her daughter Nora, my much loved niece was born just two months before my girls. So Heather was able to help me when I was pregnant and ever since then since she has gone through her motherhood experiences with Nora first, but recent enough that she gives me great help and advice. For example, Jessica thinks she is a cat and acts like a cat or a dog most of the time, especially when she doesn't like what we are saying. As I heard Nora "meow" the other day on the phone in the background as I talked to Heather, I was reminded again how grateful I am that I have her to commiserate with even if it's just about "what the freak is the deal with my kid thinking she is a cat all the time?"

I love you Heather. You are a great sister and friend. I hope you have the happiest of birthdays. I wish I could be there to celebrate with you. If I was there, at your house, today as we celebrate the day you came into this world, I would kick you out of your house, steal your house key so you couldn't get back in, make you go get a massage and a pedicure, make you go to a restaurant for lunch armed with a good book, make you sit there in peace and quiet and enjoy a meal, make you order chocolate cake, insist you bring me a piece back to the house, I would play with your kids and feed them while you were out so you wouldn't have to and then we would stay up and giggle until the wee hours of the night while I shared my piece of chocolate cake with you. Then I guess you could spend some time with Rick. I forgot about him for a sec. Maybe I'd have to kick you guys out a second time for dinner and a movie. So I wish I was there. Those are the things I would be doing if I was with you today. The thought counts right?

Happy Birthday Heather Plether...we love you tons!

No comments: