Thursday, October 23, 2008

Gettin' My Coma On...

By Wednesday morning, I was SPENT. I had a very scary incident in my neighborhood on Saturday night/Sunday morning. I won't bore you with the deets but police, trash, people in my backyard and beer bottles exploded against my house were all part of the festivities of early Sunday morning. So I had a wee bit of trouble sleeping Sunday, Monday and Tuesday nights. Plus, I had a big ol' kink in my neck. So fast forward to Wednesday night, add a little prescribed pharmaceutical enhancement, my SWEEEEET parents taking the girls and I was getting my coma on by like 7pm Wednesday night. I was OUT like a light and stayed horizontal until ...can you stand it?...11:00 this morning. I woke up a new woman - totally! I woke up a better mother and a better human being. My kink was gone. I had no headache. I had energy and wanted to bask in the sunshine. I wasn't counting the hours today until nap time. In fact, I told my kids to SKIP naptime and we went and picked up my Grandma Bea and brought her to our house to spend two nights with us. Tomorrow, we are going to do something fun and take her shopping and do fun girl stuff and then on Saturday we are going over to Mom and Dads for the official Europe recap with pictures, gifts and fun. And then on Sunday, I'll be having dinner at Bill and Marilyn's with STEVE who is in town and who I love and did not get to spend a lot of time with when I was in Utah. So the next few days look bright and sunny! It's amazing how your outlook changes with a night of good, really good, like as in first time you got a massage good. Man, that was one good coma.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh wow! I'm so happy for you! :D Comas are wonderful- ha ha.