Saturday, October 25, 2008

Friday Confessions on Saturday

I have a lot to feel guilty about this week. I really hit a wall Wednesday. It seems like it was forever ago because I've been feeling so much better. It's amazing how life feels so overwhelming when you are tired. I have had three nights of great sleep and I feel like a new person. But that doesn't mean guilt isn't revenging my conscious - even if it isn't keeping me up at night.

  • I'm just going to always lead off with Diet Coke because it is my main bad habit and the one I always feel like I should change because I cope with chemicals. Yes, the chemicals I choose are sugar free, caffeinated yummy cola but still...coping with chemicals is just something you should always acknowledge should you have an occasion to confess what you feel guilty about.
  • I asked my exhausted, jet lagged, road weary parents to watch my kids overnight two nights after they had come back into town knowing they would say yes and knowing they were just as tired as me but not caring because I was just that tired.
  • I gave my kids M&Ms as a reward.
  • I bought a Strawberry Shortcake DVD because the one I rented from Blockbuster worked out so great in regards to giving me "ME" time. I normally do not buy DVDs and I normally only let my kids watch shows that either teach them something or provide some sort of classic reference (Disney classics). I have no idea what Strawberry Shortcake brings to their life in the way of culture, values or learning. I just know they lay like immobilized surgical patients on my bed and do not blink for 54 minutes in a row. And that's all I care about in regards to the purpose behind the video.
  • I talked really loudly while Jessica was trying to watch a show today and she repeatedly told me to be quiet and that I was being too loud. I continued to talk and then used the moment to point out to her that "this is how Mommy feels when she's trying to watch Gray's Anatomy and you just won't shut your trap." Then she laughed at me and turned back to her program and I muttered under my breath that "payback was a b*t*c*!" and I did like a snap and word to your mother move behind her back. How horrible of a mother am I?
  • I really need to do laundry.

Peace Out. Word to your mother. Don't talk during my show.

3 comments:

Travis and Marie said...

Can I just tell you I think you are so funny!? Seriously, I do so many of those same things...for "ME" time but I am reading your post right now and just laughing. I love that you are human! You know sometimes you forget and thin you're the only one suffering through something or another.

Kori said...

I LOVE YOU! That is classic...

I remember letting Rachel watch Grease over and over agin when she was 3-4 years old...I know, I know. I finally said no more when she "BA-ed" the TV one day during Blue Moon! Not all videos are bad!

Jody Carson said...

Is it bad that I keep waiting to hear EXACTLY what it was that went down outside of your house last weekend?? It will probably induce more wrestless sleep for you........

But Amy, I am amazed that you are doing as well as you are. My friend whose husband is gone for 9 1/2 more months......says that "NO BODY has the right to judge anything that you do while your husband is gone." You can use that to cover just about all of your bases.... Guilty pleasures like Diet Coke, watching lots of tv, and buying impractical items to distact your kids with so they will give you some space, etc.... Again, I think that you are doing fantastically, given what you have to work with. I didn't mean for this to sound like a pep talk. So.....yeah, it was probably not your finest moment when you asked your jet-lagged parents to watch your girls, KNOWING that they wouldn't be able to tell you no........ but you were sleep deprived!! Who am I to judge?!? ;)