Friday, October 17, 2008

Friday Confessions Number I Have No Clue

I haven't unburdened myself in a long time. In case you are wondering about the history of Friday confession for me, go to Friday confession number one and you can read all about my obsession with Catholics and confession as a kid. I think sharing what you do wrong with others is healthy and it keeps you humble. I choose to do this to balance out all the cute stuff on my blog that might make others get a cavity from the sweetness of it all. In any case, let's get started on our confession for this week.

  • Diet Coke. I need not say anymore than that but it's getting out of hand people. Since Mike left the Diet Coke is just really spiraled out of control.
  • My kids woke up from their naps yesterday, I fed them some dinner then "convinced" them to climb in my bed and watch movies all evening so I could watch Kath & Kim, The Office, Survivor and Gray's Anatomy. Yes friends, you added it up correctly, that is three HOURS of television. I made it through the first two hours while the kids were in my bed watching Strawberry Shortcake and Care Bears and they wanted me to lay down with them and I kept telling them they could either watch movies or go to bed all because I was being selfish and wanted to watch me some Must See TV.
  • I ate tater tots last night for dinner. I bought them this week for the first time since college telling myself they were for the girls since I bought fish sticks and you can't have one without the other but really - I knew all along they were for me. They were soooooo good.
  • I haven't unpacked from my trip.
  • I still haven't bought my Grandma her birthday present yet and TODAY is her birthday.
  • I don't open my mail. It's just too exhausting.
  • I also still don't listen to my phone messages. I have a whole reason and philosophy behind it and stuff but it's still rude and I'm sorry.
  • I judge people who pick up their cell phone while I'm talking to them in person. I think that's rude too. But I never pick up my cell phone because I never charge it so it's never working.
  • I hated the movie WALL-E.
  • I really think Sarah Palin is a doof. If John McCain wins and she becomes VP or heaven forbid Prez I might defect to Canada or Mexico. Mexico has better beaches but Canada has better water. It's a toss up.

Okay, the last one was totally self indulgent and not a confession at all so I better stop.

6 comments:

Jody Carson said...

I'm stuck in a rut, and you've inspired me. Hope you don't mind. Feel free to check it out. I love you SO MUCH!

Amy said...

Jody - what do you mean check it out? Is there something on your blog...what rut...you've left me hanging girlie.

Jody Carson said...

Sorry.........I'm talking to Tom on the phine and trying to type at the same time.....

Jody Carson said...

I have no idea what a "phine" is. I meant phone. And I'm ready if you want to check back with my blog. I know that at least YOU will not judge me. :) I am happily surprised that you still have your Indian AND the Frankenstein that I made for you! My Witch is set out in my dinning room. I wish that I could have made you one of those too. I should have made your Indian carring 2 papooses! ;) I love you! Thank you for loving me back!

Travis and Marie said...

um...I love this post. I think I'll try to adopt the "Friday confessions" too...it's a cute idea. And just so you know, Travis and I do the same thing with our kids and tv....sometimes we want to watch something so we stick them on our bed and we go in the family room while they watch cartoons in our room....I am embarrassed to say it happens way too often...but we usually pay for it because we get into bed at night and it's filled with crumbs. A nice reminder that they were just there. ;)

MIKE said...

OPEN THE FRACKING MAIL !!! WE TALKED ABOUT THIS BEFORE I LEFT!!! EVERYTHING GETS OPENED, EXCEPT MEDICAL JOURNALS WHICH CAN BE THROWN AWAY. I'M EXPECTING EVERYTHING FROM BILLS TO CHECKS!!! OPEN THE FRACKING MAIL!!!