Monday, February 25, 2008

Passive Agressive People Make Me CRAZY


I know that's not a very kind, Christian, sweet thing to say. But it's really true. There are people in my life that say things in a sweet voice that are really horribly mean and critical once you think about them. There was a great movie in the 70's with Jack Nicholson called One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest and the villian in this move was Nurse Ratched. (the spelling might be wrong) Anyway, she never spoke above a whisper but was so mean to her patients and said horribly mean things to them but justified it with this sanctimous tone and voice that just made your blood boil. Passive agressives are different than people that are passive. Passive people don't make waves, are the chilled out cool people that we bossy people love to be friends with because they honestly don't care. But the passive agressives are the ones that catch me flat footed with the knock out blow every single dang time because they lure you into thinking they are passive and chilled out but then blam-oh!!! They K.O you with their backhanded compliments and their hateful judgemental remarks delivered at the very moment you think it's safe to trust them again. They are the self righteous who always come through the back door when facing any and every issue. I do not respect passive agressive people. If you think I'm wrong, or bossy, or an idiot either tell me about it or shut up. Don't try to point out that I'm a bad mother with object lessons and don't let me know I don't measure up by saying stuff like "i am so sorry you are having such a hard time with your failures in life. I will keep you in my prayers."


I will probably take this post down in a few days after I calm down. If you are reading this and your face is flushed and red and you are breaking out in a sweat because you KNOW that it's you that I'm talking aobut...guess what? You are right on the money. Just grow a set and try being honest for a change. Or better yet, cut me some freakin slack and realize that everybody including you can not be perfect and that we are all just trying to love the best we can, live the best we can and hold on until tomorrow. Geez la freakin weez!

No comments: