Thursday, February 21, 2008

Forecast Says: Sound Sleeping In The Future!



So the girls come into our bedroom every morning. Normally they come in around 8 o'clock and we lay in bed and watch 2 cartoons then we get up. (i know, i don't have to get out of bed until normally 9am i have a very rough life) Mike is normally gone by 6:00 so there is plenty of snuggle room for the chicks and me. However, they also come in on Saturdays and Sundays. This is one of our favorite things. The 4 of us snuggle up together and watch a couple of cartoons, talk about our day and make plans etc. My parents and I did this for my entire life and once Mike joined the family, he joined us for Saturday morning meetings in my mom and dad's bed. It sounds wierd but I swear it's not. Anyhoo...we love this time with the girls because they are all warm from sleep and cozy and they stay still and we just get to bask in their presence and parenthood. But lately, we have had a problem. The 4 of us don't fit in our college queen sized bed that is broken down and mushed from 7 moves and 13 years of use. So Saturday & Sunday snuggle time has been hosted by one parent while the other catches an extra hour of "z's" in the spare twin bed in the girls' room.


This brings me to fantastic and great news. We just bought a KING sized SELECT COMFORT mattress and foundation. I've been test driving these puppies for years and swore it would be my next bed. Mike likes a firm mattress and I like a softer pillow top feel. We can NEVER agree (big surprise) and because you can adjust the select comfort settings you both can get what you want. We each have our own sleep chamber and we can set it to anything we feel like. It will be here in 2 weeks. I have included photos of my new lover...I mean - bed as well as our new comforter that we BOTH selected. I would have chosen something more trendy and cool but Mr. Dull is more of a muted, peaceful sort of ensemble person. I'm happy with the overall outcome though! Happy slumber people...I'm so excited!



2 comments:

Amberly said...

Love it, Love the bed, love the feet, love the beadspread, love everything. You have such great taste. I can't wait to see it. Love you
Amberly

SleepNumberChick said...

Hello,

My name is Catherine. I am a customer service representative with Select Comfort. I just wanted to say congratulations on your new bed! It sounds like you will continue to enjoy your family time all together now, which is great! Did you receive the mattress ok? If you ever have any questions or concerns about the bed, please do not hesitate to contact me. I can help all four of you find your perfect Sleep Numbers.

If you ever need to reach me, you can e-mail customerservice@selectcomfort.com or give us a call at 1-800-472-7185.

Sweet Dreams,
Catherine

My Sleep Number is a 35