Friday, February 19, 2010

Ummmm....can I see where it says that in my contract?

My kids are sick. Just head colds with fevers. Coughs are bad this time. Especially for Jessica. She gets these bronchial spasms sometimes where she can't breath and coughs over and over. The only thing that helps her is to hold her, tickle her arms, back and tummy and gently croon to her. I usually whisper things like "jeeeesiiiicaaaa rooooose...my baaaabby....my litttle cheecha...my baby girl....it's okaaaaay...my sweet baby....breathe through your nose, there ya go....my good strong big giiiirrrlll...I loooooove youuuuu." This calms her down. Beautiful right? A mother, holding and saying beautiful words of comfort to her sick child. Here's the part they don't tell you.



While you are holding and rocking and crooning, your child is spitting mucus, snot and what ever she did not thoroughly chew at lunchtime into your mouth and all over your face. Yep. Because they are scared adn sick, they want you to make eye contact with them for comfort, yet they are spewing all sorts of nastiness all over your face. Mike said she coughed into his mouth like five times yesterday. I was all five times? Ha ha ha! You are a rookie dude. She has thrown up into my mouth. Coughing into it is like child's play.



Why is this never discussed in "what to expect when you are expecting? Why don't the baby showers include a game where all the party attendees get blindfolded and coughed into their mouths and they have to guess if it's a cold, flu, strep etc? I'm just saying...why wasn't I warned?



ick.

2 comments:

Amberly said...

I am laughing so hard. I'm sorry she's sick. We better have mega blessings in heaven for things like this. And later they wont even appreciate what we have done for them, they will just think we are so annoying and uncool.

Travis and Marie said...

it's so true...problem is, even if someone told us what to truly expect - we would've had them anyway. I remember changing hunter's diaper and he wasn't through - we were at a friend's house...I didn't want it to get on their changing table, so I cupped my hands and caught the newborn poo all over me. Things I never thought I would do - I have now done.