Monday, February 15, 2010

A Love Letter To Amber

My sister in law is named Amber. She loves me. She understands my love of pink and green. She is in control of the layout of this blog. I have no idea how to change the colors, backgrounds or any of the pretty stuff you see. Amber has my password and she picks all of those pretty aspects of the blog. I love that she knows me. She resists the urge to change my blog colors based on the season or holidays because she knows I fear change and do not like brown and orange. And from September to the end of November do you really have a choice of colors that does not include brown and orange. She understands that about me. I told her today that in my next kitchen, I am getting rid of the cranberry, sage, khaki and stainless steel because it just doesn't make me happy. Instead I am going to go vintage with dainty china plates hung just so on the wall, vintage aprons and table linens. I am going to decorate in black and white with accents of light pink and apple blossom green. I imagine a grandma in the 40's might have had a kitchen like that. I have decided that The Wizard of Oz will be my inspiration for my decor in the kitchen at the very least. Also in the girls bedroom. We'll see about the rest of the house later.

But back to Amber. Here is my love letter for her.

Dear Amber,
Thank you for picking colors and backgrounds I love. Also for giving me your chocolate chip cookie and spinach salad recipe. Also for giving birth to the closest thing to an actual hero that Katie and Jessica have. Also for listening to my griping about everything from my knee to housework to husbands. And thanks for letting me go to Bajio when you really wanted Kneeders that day in Utah. That shrimp taco with honey butter was something I needed.
Love Always,
Aim

1 comment:

Amberly said...

Aim, you are so sweet. But you forgot the part about how I give you feelings inside that you never felt with a man, and that I might just convert you to women. I love you too, and I really hope you like the new blog. I thought it was so much cuter, but if you like the other better I will change it back for you. Love ya.
Amberly