Monday, December 7, 2009

All I Want For Christmas Contains Your Two Front Teeth

So Katie said the following to me today:

K: Mom. Do you know what I want for Christmas the most of all?
M: What?
K: I'll give you a hint. It's not a toy or a game and it is on every one's self.
M: I don't know what?
K: Mom, I want your smile for Christmas. I want to get a big smile from my very best Mama on Christmas Day.
M: Ohhhhhh (seriously touched)...that is SO sweet Katie Kate! I love you!
K: Don't you think Santa will really like that I want that for Christmas Mama? I'm sure that will get me on his nice list, don't you think?
M: Mmmmmmm. I'm not sure Katie. I'm sure Santa will think it's very sweet. Now go play.

That kid can work it like nobody I know. She is always working some angle. Her favorite sentence is "Mama, I have a GREAT idea!" Followed by something that is most definitely NOT a great idea.

If it's like this at 4, I don't have a prayer of survival when she's 14.

No comments: