Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Oh those Meeker girls just crack me up!

So since I currently have NO life being stuck in healing positions 1,2and3 after surgery, I thought I would do some careful observing of Katie and Jessica and share some recent funnyness.

  • Katie has recently read Donald Trump's book "The Art of the Deal" and has made it her personal mission statement. She starts her sentence with "Mom, I have a great idea do you want to know what it is? (super excited voice) "Sure Katie tell me", I say. Then she'll say something "Wouldn't it be fun to eat our cupcakes before dinner so we could be silly and really laugh about it?" Or she'll say "My idea is to have sissy and me go into our room for a nap and as long we play quietly that wouldn't be so bad right?" She is making deals and talking people into everything from taking her places, letting her stay up late, letting her just about get anything she wants. And because of the way she presents it, you sometimes feel happy about going along with the plan until later when you are sitting on the couch and realized you got hustled, conned, scam-a-ram-a-boom-banged by a curly haired four year old.
  • Jessica and I were having a very loving and deep conversation after naptime. She put her head on me and said "Mama, there have been 10 good things that have happened because of your operation and 10 not so good things. Let's make a list" I said okay let's do it. Then she said "The best thing, the very bestest most wonderful thing that happened because of your operation was that Daddy got to go to our Mothers Day party at preschool because you needed help getting around and no other daddys got to go but our daddy. That was the best thing that happened cuz of your operation. I said, "well, I can see how that would be awesome, but another good thing is that my leg is going to get better right" And she patted my arm like okay sweetie whatever you say and then said "Another best thing is that we got to spend a lot of time with Daddy because he took days off work! And I'm like "Mmm hmm, hanging out with Dad is the best, but also isn't it great that I won't have to walk with it hurting?" Her response was "Yes it is because you can play with us and Daddy now." Does anyone else notice a common thread? Think the kid is in love with her Dad? Just a bit.
  • The girls have taken to picking out their clothes. Jessica wore a violet shade of purple Tshirt and turquoise/aqua sweat pants and purple tennis shoes today. And she thought she looked gorgeous. She looked at best "refugee chic". Katie wanted to wear a hideous fake rose in her hair and a cream silk headband that has a organza bow attached to it. She also wanted to wear green socks but had nothing green on. I was like "whatever, if you think you look good go for it." But I gotta say I'm glad the school year is ending because the outfits they pick are not so hot.
  • The curtain broke in the formal living room. Okay it did not break. It was broken by two adorable sweet demolition experts that live in my house. When my Mom asked Katie how it got broken she said "You know Grammie, sometimes you just sit down and things break." Yes Katie they do. Especially after you had spent two weeks pulling on the curtains until the screws that kept the rod up came out.
  • Mike was talking about something work related and at the end of the conversation he said "I know I gotta do it but I'm just pissed about it." And Jessica came up to him and said "Daddy what does piss mean?" And we said "it means upset but it's better for you to say upset and not say the word piss because it is not a nice word and it's not for little girls to say that word." And she goes "But Daddy if I tell someone I am pissed, then I can explain that piss means upset!" I think Mike and I will be talking in our secret parent code for the next few years.
  • Notice the title of the post was Meeker Girls, so I fall into that category also. I have to use a walker to get from point A to point B. When I'm all alone at the house and nobody (not even Mike) is around, I pretend I am a 90 year old lady and I talk to myself. Today I said this and then laughed for like 20 minutes "Ahhhh lawsy. I lost my glasses. Ethel, Judy have you seen my glasses? I can't get my hair rolled and set today if I don't find those dad gum glasses. Oh here they are on my head. Well isn't that just pretty as a picture?" Seriously, did this out loud in my house, nobody was there but I was laughing my hiney off.

1 comment:

Travis and Marie said...

I wish I could've been a fly on the wall when you were talking to yourself...that's hilarious. And if it's any consolation to you, my kids do the same things with their dad....it's like c'mon hello I gave you life - I make your meals, kiss your owies, etc. but dad is always better. :)