Thursday, November 5, 2009

Amy's Parenting...Judge Away...Come On I Dare Ya

Let's describe this little ensemble shall we? Starting from the bottom, leopard print slippers on the wrong feet. A dead unicorn costume on the floor. Moving up we have last year's Christmas pajama nightgown that is a print of gigantic pieces of candy. A jaunty orange apron from Home Depot compliments the ratty nightgown. Atop the rats nest of hair is a straw cowboy hat and pink butterfly sunglasses with pink lenses.

Katie: "Mama, what do you think of my outfit?"
Me: "Ummmmmm..."
Katie: "Do you think I look like a beautiful princess?"
Me: "Sure?" (If you were from the land of carpenters and hobos)
Katie: "I think I should wear this to school so all the kids can see my interesting and beautiful outfit."
Me: "Ummmmm, maybe we could take a picture because it lasts way longer than just one day at school." (translation: there is no way in hell you are wearing that to school chica)
Katie: "Great idea Mom! A picture is super and I can give it to my friends and maybe they can find outfits like this one and we can get dressed up in them and have a TEA PARTY!!!"
Me: "Sure, super idea." (My kid is going to get the crap beat out of her on the playground. Maybe not today. Maybe not at 4. But the beating is coming people, the beating is coming.)

In summation, I wish this conversation and outfit was an odd occurrence at our house. But it's like this all day everyday. One day she came out with eleven different bows in her hair, high heels with knee high plaid socks. She is so weird.

No comments: