Sunday, August 30, 2009

Raindrops on Roses and Whiskers on Kittens...

It's time for a few of my favorite things list. I did a summer edition a few months back so we'll call this My Favorite Things Summer edition 2.0.

  • Rolle (French Bistro/market) This is one of the best little finds in all of Sacramento. It is on 54th and H street. It opened 10 years ago as a french market with just a couple of tables. Now there are about 10 tables and they serve the best country rustic french food around. I had the best creme brulee (blueberry) that I've ever had and Mike had a satisfying chocolate mousse. (it was no pot au creme from Blvd Bistro but it was okay) But the food is the real star. The owner smokes fresh salmon four different ways. I recommend the hot, cooked smoked salmon. He also roasts marinated prawns that are to die for. His hot sandwiches like Croque Monsieur (ham/cheese) or the hot salmon sandwich and the salads are the reasons to go. Order the chilled prawns appetizer and dig into the creme fraiche with dill with your crusty baguette. Lunch is under $10 per person. Go after 1 for no wait. Expect to wait for a table between 12 and 1. Order your food as takeout and go over to a park and enjoy a picnic!
  • The Mentalist - I've been watching the reruns because I didn't watch it originally. It's good! I still can't figure out what that dude was in though.
  • Perrier with Lime and ice.
  • Fall - just the idea of cooler weather makes me happy.
  • Lee Jeans - the tummy panel is awesome!
  • Roses - pink ones in a glass vase.

No comments: