Thursday, February 17, 2011

Dearest Mike Meeker,


Dearest Mike Meeker Lover Of My Soul...

Thank you so much for coming home last night with a bag of assorted treats for me and your other two girlfriends. Did you ever think when you were teased in junior high about being Mike Meeker the Geeker Seeker that someday you'd have three beautiful, smart, successful girlfriends who worship the ground you walk on? It probably feels pretty good.

Anyhoo...last night, you melted my heart when you appeared at our humble abode carrying the things we need to make us feel special and cared for in exactly your perfect way you do. First, the diflucan for me was so needed. If I didn't get some relief soon, I might have considered voting my lady parts off the island. Then out of the same bag you surprised the girls with two clam shells of fresh strawberries from some south american farm which you called "magic strawberry land that gives us strawberries in the winter". They looked and smelled just perfectly red and strawberry-eee. We promptly cleaned them and divided them into two bowls for the girls. Then I got out the spray whip cream and did a whole routine of whip cream dancing and filling strawberry hulls that the girls found charming. They were so glad for the berries. You also saved dinner by delivering Carl's Junior to all of us. But because you are so cool, you let us eat our strawberries first. You and Jessica chowed on chicken strips and katie and I enjoyed a messy burger. It obviously wasn't the best choice for dinner, but these days are not what I'd call strong work in the kitchen so we were so grateful for the meal. You also put on sweats and climbed into bed with me and watched Surrvivior with me and totally engaged me a conversation about how much we LOVE Boston Rob. He's the best player ever. Then, you put the girls to bed with stories and prayers and left me to fall asleep in our room and rest.

You basically, swooped in and saved the day. Sort of like a super hero. And you had spent the day saving people too. When you think about it you are the closest thing to a super hero we have here in this cynical old world.

Thank you for loving me first and leaving room in your heart to fall madly in love with Jessica and Katie. We are all madly in love with you too. For different reasons. Katie loves your sensitivity, your animated way of speaking, that you watch her performances and compliment her on her hair and jewelry. Jessica loves that you do math together, snuggle on the couch together, play heroes game together, play computer together, play fort and that you are her soul mate. I love that you are the best dad in the world that you love me good and bad and that you get that I am doing my best. Even if my best is not very good.

Thanks for loving us and saving us and being there for us and working so hard and swooping in to make us feel special. We adore you.

A,K&J

2 comments:

Travis and Marie said...

Amy-I so wish I could put my words down like you do. This post is so so sweet....I teared up. I love your little family. I'm glad you got some diflucan relief (whew!) and that your girls could eat their strawberries first! how cool is that? Very sweet post.

The Gibbens said...

May I "second" my sister.... I loved this post. Ours is also a family of all girls and one daddy- he is our prince too... sounds like you have a super-duper keeper on your hands!