Thursday, March 17, 2011

Tooth Fairy Objects To Being Called A "fairy"

Jessica lost the most significant of teeth in her mouth last night. Her right upper front tooth. It's the one that was a little crooked from smashing into playground equipment when she was 3. It was her largest tooth. It had been wiggly for weeks and finally last night it came out. It always amazes me how excited she is when it comes out. This is my child who will cry hours after scraping her knee because she has looked down and noticed the scrape for the first time. This is the child who bawled about an arm injury until I wiped the arm with a wet paper towel and proved it was only ketchup! But a tooth and a bloody mouth? It's like Disneyland and she has to call Papa right NOW and yay! And Katie is so happy she gives everyone congratulatory hugs as if to say " whew...we made it through it"! But the weirdest phenomenon is Mike and his total joy in getting to be the tooth fairy except he doesn't like me to call him the tooth fairy. So I said " look, if you don't want to be called the tooth fairy, give me the cash and I'll do it.". He didn't even hesitate..."nope, I'm doing it. I'm much more stealthy than you. I just want to be called the tooth elf.".

Yeah, because that's a lot cooler.

2 comments:

Marlee said...

Awww nice post! But I have to say I was distracted by your pictures, they are SOOOOO beautiful!!!! You have a lovely family :)

www.marleeindebt.blogspot.com

Anne Onimus said...

anne onimus